Breaking News
The Student News Site of Roseburg High School

Orange R

Orange R

Orange R

While Away for a Good Book

A local business that deserves much more attention than it gets sits just a five minute walk away from the Roseburg High School campus. 

While Away Books is a great place to find books of any nature, for an extremely affordable price. Some are shiny and brand new, others are worn and loved before being donated to the shelves, ready for a new owner. It’s an affordable and comfortable place to find all things bookish, tucked in the corner of West Harvard Avenue. It is described in its Facebook profile as “Some old, some new, some used, some rare! A little origami, coloring, history, kids, a bit of everything neat on the shelves today!”

Although small and independent, While Away doesn’t skip out on providing comforting beverages for customers at low prices. It’s a great place to bring a friend, buy something hot on a cold winter day, and get busy perusing the bursting shelves, without the worry of spending a lot of money. While Away is also known to accept book donations frequently, for anyone looking to find better homes for their volumes. They frequently post on their Facebook page the hidden gems and new finds available in their store. 

“While Away Books is such a great shop that you can browse through for hours”, says Masyn Tabor, RHS junior. “The employees are so helpful, and they offer a wide variety of books for great prices”. There is always something to gain from going outside of the box and showing a little love to places that should be getting the recognition they deserve. 

This small business is full of sincerity and a commitment to bringing lovely books to all those who enjoy them. During the long winter break, While Away Books is a great stop to get out of the house and find something new to curl up with as the weather gets colder.

Donate to Orange R
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Roseburg High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Orange R
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal