Breaking News
The Student News Site of Roseburg High School

Orange R

Orange R

Orange R

Terrible Testing

On Wednesday, Oct. 11, administrators and staff began running the annual “Day of Testing.” Staff were instructed to begin proctoring their mandatory exams by grade level with Seniors taking the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery), Sophomores taking the PACT, and Juniors taking the PSAT. 

Many seniors experienced frustration attempting to even begin the exam, with a lengthy sign-in process that required each and every Senior  to sign in on a single piece of paper that was at one table. There are 396 Seniors for the graduating class of 2024. Students were crammed in the Student Center, some tables needing to hold up to 10-12 students. 

“It was so disorganized,” said one Senior, “Some of us couldn’t even leave when we were done, because our classes at the time were testing.” Most twelfth grade teachers were busy proctoring the PACT exams while the Seniors were in the Student Center taking the ASVAB.

Any students who happened to show up late were left with unfortunate news. There were only a few spots for them to go and they quickly filled up with students, myself being one of them. To quote another Senior, “I was sitting around for almost two hours,” they stated.  “It just wasn’t fun.” 

Many students also felt that the organization this year was lacking, and that the Day of Testing years prior worked as well, if not better than this current year.

Hopefully, our new administration will figure out a system that makes students of all ages happy, and will assure a pleasant testing environment.

Donate to Orange R
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Roseburg High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Orange R
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal