Breaking News
The Student News Site of Roseburg High School

Orange R

Orange R

Orange R

Ask Quill: Blame

Ask Quill: Blame

“Quill, I don’t know what to do. I still love my ex boyfriend, but he hates me now. How do I heal from this broken heart I brought upon myself?”

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s really hard when you break up with someone who you still care about. It’s different for everyone, but it might just take some time to fully recover from the heartbreak. Some people take a couple days while others may take years. I would advise you to be patient with yourself. I don’t know you or the situation, but you seem to already be punishing yourself for whatever happened. Be kind to yourself while you grieve the love you have lost. Don’t forget it takes two people to break up. 

After asking the students of Roseburg High School, they gave a lot of great advice: “Bask in your sadness and remember it’s okay to cry, rely on your friends because they’ll always be there for you. All bad feelings go away eventually.” “Try to distance and focus on yourself.” “There’s a lot more life to live and a lot more love to give. Let him go. You deserve someone who loves you enough to stay.”

I hoped this helped. Take care of yourself.

Donate to Orange R
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Roseburg High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to Orange R
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal